THE HAG RIDES AGAIN …
Welcome to the start of HAG XX This year’s HAG theme is DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE
(We chose the theme because of the double XX! Twenty years of HAG caching…pretty amazing.
Here’s the Plan:-
can begin any time after November 5th which is the requisite 90 days before we want the caches published (February 3 2024) so if you would like to hide HAG caches (no pressure) they can be submitted any time from November 5th until Saturday, January 13th (21 days before the publication date).
Important reminders:-HAG XX CACHE PLACEMENT HELP SHEET
There have been some changes in the cache review process. The following is to help cachers provide the information now required by reviewers.Following this format does not guarantee your cache will be published as there may be other issues that may require resolution, such as proximity conflicts.
Please include HAG XX at the END of your title:
eg SPIDERS – HAG XX
INCLUDE IN THE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR CACHE:-
Hints: To help reduce damage to an area, please include a useful hint. Hints such as “a typical hide” is not a useful hint.
NOTES FOR THE REVIEWERS ARE NOW REQUIRED FOR ALL CACHES.
The note should include the following info:-
· Describe your container in detail. (i.e. medium size rectangular, L&L, and has Geocache written on the outside and contact information inside it; or a birdhouse hanging from a branch with a wire loop.)
· Describe how your cache is hidden (for example, under a pile of sticks 3m from an established trail, or zap strapped to a branch.)
· Is your cache a Mystery Cache? If so, you must describe the method for solving it clearly. This information will be deleted before your cache is published.
· Is your cache on private property? If so let the reviewer know and provide them with the land owner’s or manager’s contact information.
· If your cache is in a Provincial Park let the reviewer know that you have read the BC Parks Policy (https://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/geocaching_policy.pdf ) and your cache is in compliance.
If your cache is in a C.R.D. Park let the Reviewer know that you have read the C.R.D. Parks Policy
( https://www.crd.bc.ca/docs/default-source/parks-pdf/geocaching-in-crd-regional-parks-guidelines.pdf?sfvrsn=0 ) and your cache is in compliance.
· Please read the guidelines before entering your cache information in GC.com. https://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx
· Add in the Reviewer Note: This is a HAG XX cache. Please publish it on Saturday February 3rd 2024
Note: You will not hear from a reviewer unless there is a problem with your cache.